Let’s face it we all have thought about how cool it would be to be a rockstar so when my husband announced we had U2 tickets I thought WOO HOO ….a fun night out of music and grooving besides I am a huge Bono fan.
But it was so much more than that as I found myself analyizing their sold out concert. What is it about U2 that consistently fills an entire stadium at over $100 a ticket?
More yet the weather had been yucky all day long but missing the concert wasn’t even a consideration. Most people don’t even like to drive in the rain (I certainly don’t) yet would still be willing to stand out in a rain for 3 hours for a U2 concert. My husband, Eric, got things prepared by getting the rain gear ready and off we went.
I couldn’t stop thinking…What is U2′s winning formula for creating raving fans that would be willing to go to such extremes.
Here are the 7 Jamming Reasons” why Bono has become a Rockstar Legend and U2 fans can’t get enough (and are willing to go out in extreme weather conditions just to hear them)
1. Bono and the group members are all about their big “Why“…why they do what they do. Not only does their music reflect their commitment to making a difference in the world but throughout the entire concert they share messages about world peace, equality, democracy, and human rights.
2. They over-deliver. Even though it was was a scorching hot summer night they gave no less than 1000% (Bono kept his leather jacket on the majority of the night). Whether it was your first concert or you have seen them a dozen times they always exceed your expectations.
3. They connect with the entire audience by using a electrical walkway that links the stage with every section of the stadium by constantly changes positions. Bono and the entire band individually walk across this mobile bridge throughout the concert as they make their way around the entire stadium forging powerful connections with their fans. This makes everyone in the audience feel special and like they truly matter.
4. Bono has established a big time reputation for giving back and being charitable. Two years ago, I was approached by a clean cut young man asking if I would be willing to join Bono’s non-profit organization “ONE” and make a small contribution. It was a no- brainer as I walked away impressed that he even took the opportunity to make a difference while on tour.
5. You could feel the gratitude and appreciation pouring out from Bono. Even with all the fame and stardom you still get the sense that it is not about them but about you. Not only did the fans stay until the very last word of the very last song but the heartfelt “thank you” at the end was real and genuine.
6. The ebb and flow of the entire group creates the magic. Every band member has a role that supports the other as ONE in perfect unity. U2′s synergy demonstrates that when you build a bond around a common passion, cause, or desire the rest just falls into place.
7. Bono bounced back from major back surgery stronger than ever clearly demonstrating that determination, passion and a positive attitude wins out at the end of the day. Set backs happen but when they do you have to get back up and get going again. He did not hold back one ounce and put his entire heart and soul into his incredible performance.
So I come to this conclusion, the same traits make you a rockstar regardless of what industry you are in. Yes, you need to have specialized knowledge, a talent, something valuable to offer but at the end of the day what makes you stand out and thrive is your willingness to turn on YOUR own inner rockstar.
To Your Success,
P.S. – Have you grabbed your Goal Setting for Success MP4? In this audio/webinar you will learn:
- How to effectively write goals that drive results!
- How to dissolve the habit of procrastination!
- How to master the powerful techniques that lead to focused action!
- How to achieve the level of success that you desire & deserve now!
Get you copy today- http://www.wendiblum.com/products